Today’s To Do List:
(1) Prep for an OU tutoring session with a friend’s son
(2) Coaching call to talk through race plan for TP100
(3) OU tutoring session with a friend’s son
(4) Find compass and space blanket
(5) Go for a run
(6) Go shopping for snacks for TP100
(7) Make 2 batches of chocolate sugar crack with which to bribe volunteers at TP100
(8) Complete Open University assignment due on 6 May
(9) Complete Open University assignment due on 7 May
(10) Wash running kit for TP100
(11) Pack for TP100
(12) Remain calm
It was an ambitious plan. I’m about halfway through it. I found the space blanket in the 4th mountain of clutter that I excavated. The compass proved more elusive, and eventually turned up in my race pack, where it lives, and where it categorically was not when I looked there last night. I suspect that it had been held hostage by the breeding colony of Wiggle Haribo packets which have infested every nook and cranny of the house.
On the plus side, I did finally finish unpacking from Winter 100 as part of the search and rescue operation, and have also unpacked my bag from Paris, setting a new PB of 17 days.